Tuesday 3 March 2009

INKY FINGERS


A sunny weekend meant more gardening that crafting has been done, but true to the British weather, the cold and rain has returned so I have been driven back indoors and the crafting is all over the table.

I have just treated myself to some Tim Holtz Distress inks and have been having a great time making some background papers for later cards. I think they will be ideal for Mothers Day, this green is called Peeled Paint and it feels really springlike.

On the top paper I sponged ink all over and then spritzed a Heidi Grace stamp with water and randomly stamped. When the water dries it removes the ink and leaves a watery negative impression, I then stamped again but this time with the peeled paint ink. It creates a lovely effect.

On the second sheet down I put the ink onto my craft mat, spritzed it with water and then kept putting the paper on top of it and turning it round until I had enough colour on the paper. This was then stamped with another Heidi Grace stamp in the same colour.

The third sheet was just sponged all over and stamped and the fourth was scrunched up cartridge paper with the ink pad wiped over and then stamped.

I had a lovely hour and ended up with very inky fingers.

No comments: