Tuesday 31 March 2009

A Card At Last


Well I've finally got my act together and produced a card with my cuttlebugging-told you I was a slow worker. Cards do not come naturally!!

For some reason I could not get my brain into gear and work out how to colour the embossing folder so that it left the embossed bit white like you clever people have done-----so I cheated and painted the background with Key lime glimmer mist. Well I ended up with the same result, just took a bit longer.


With the swirls I wiped over a Marvy Shades of Green Blending Blox ink pad.

The words were from my trusty Artylicious Inspirations themeplate and then I just used some green organza ribbon and gem stones as embellishments.

I shall have another go at colouring the actual embossing folder and see if I can unblock my mental block!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the template - but never used one.....yet !

Sally H said...

What lovely fresh colours. The simplest way to remember where to ink the embossing folder is to find the Cuttlebug logo and ink on the inside of that surface. It took me several goes before I worked it out x

lisa said...

Oh thanks Sally, I'll have a go at that.

Lisax

Kay Carley said...

Hi Lisa,

I just had to visit to say a huge thank you for all the lovely comments you keep leaving me - I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Kay x

lisa said...

You're very welcome Kay. I love your cards, they give me lots of inspiration.

Lisax