Thursday 12 March 2009

CUTTLEBUGGING

Well I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this blogging lark. I'm learning something new everyday about how to do things and there is some great help out there from other bloggers.

It's also really exciting to find people are actually reading my posts. I feel I have officially joined the blogging community now.

What with all this time spent on the computer my crafting has suffered lately. I have started some new scrapbook layouts but have nothing finished to include today so I thought I would show you the card I made for my lovely husband for Valentine's Day.





I was given a Cuttlebug for Christmas and just love it, there is so much you can do with it, I have barely scratched the surface yet but one of things I enjoy doing is embossing and then gently wiping an ink pad over to highlight the embossing, which is what I did with one of these hearts. The other was embossed gold mirricard, both using the D'vine Swirl embossing folder.

I stamped & gold embossed the white band with my favourite Heidi Grace stamps and this was matted with more gold mirricard. I then stamped around the edge of the card with a chestnut Whispers ink pad which gives a lovely soft image. The same ink was then wiped around the edges to blend everything together. The greeting was stamped from the Artylicious sentiments theme plate.

I was pleased with how it turned out and more importantly my Hubby thought it was lovely, which at the end of the day was all that mattered.

By changing the sentiments I think it would make a nice Wedding or Anniversary card.

1 comment:

Sally H said...

Lovely! Like you, my Valentine for my hubby was not the traditional red. I went for cream and a deep burgundy