Saturday 23 May 2009

Oriental China Blue

This weeks Tag It On challenge was to use the colour china blue and Oriental.

The colour did not pose a problem, I love blue, but the Oriental did. I don't do Oriental!!!! and don't possess any Oriental stamps. Time to get my thinking cap on.

After a few days pondering I decided I needed help and went to raid my Mum's craft stash. She does have Oriental stamps and lots of them. Now the inspiration flowed.


I sponged blue ink over my tag with a very coarse sponge and then stamped all over with a little blossom stamp in the same blue and rubbed darker ink around the edges. The large blossom vase was stamped onto acetate and cut out and then glitter was applied to the blossoms on the reverse side and I coloured the vase with a permanent marker. The bird was stamped onto a bit of spare card and painted with sapphire glimmer mist.

The Chinese writing was taken from a layout out I did last year of the Olympics when I found all our names written in Chinese and thought it would be fun to use them so I copied mine again for this tag.

Apart from my layout this is the first really Oriental thing I have done and I really enjoyed being challenged. Thanks Dragonsdream!

12 comments:

Jo said...

Very pretty. Love the way the blossom flows over the edges of the tag.

Dragon said...

Oh Lisa... this sort of posting fulfills my dragonsdream!! So glad it challenged you, cos it came out so well!! Thanks for playing
Frankie
xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful tag Lisa, great colour combo!
Clairex

Lesley said...

Beautiful Lisa xx

Sally H said...

Stunning, Lisa! a gorgeous tag! I have loads of oriental stamps, but don't use them as much as I should.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lisa - This is amazing! It's beautiful, stunning, and magical! I love how it flows over the edges too. And thanks for sharing how you created it. - Anne

Lynne K said...

Beautiful tag, Lisa. Very creative. My favourite colour too!

Anonymous said...

stunning creation Lisa, fab !

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous. Very beautiful indeed.
Beryl xx

lottie said...

Oh I love the Oriental tag - I just adore Oriental - and blue suits it so well

Sue said...

So pretty Lisa, just totally works, lots of lovely things on your blog and I love the photographs in your latest post

xx Sue

Debbie Dolphin said...

sorry i didnt comment on this last week but did try.i was in the lakes and was having trouble blogging.but it is a really lovely tag