Monday 4 May 2009

My First Ever Challenge Attempt

It has struck me while reading everyone else's blogs how many people take part in challenges on a regular basis and what wonderful things they make.

I thought I did not have enough crafting time to take part in these and as card making is not my first love, being mainly a scrapbooker, card challenges do not really appeal.

I then discovered Dragonsdream Tag It On which is a tag challenge site. Now tags are definitely up my street so I've decided to have a go and this is my very first challenge entry. The theme is Tide and Time and must include some stamping. Mine only includes very small stamped clocks, which I have cut out, but I hope that is enough.


The main tag was cuttlebugged with swirls after I had inked the folder with colorbox shades of blue inks to represent waves and then sprayed with Sapphire glimmer mist on the corner I stuck the swirls on to make them stand out.

I coloured the clocks with cosmic shimmer indigo sky paint and then made the embossed swirls by drawing round part of a glimmer screen, cutting it out and embossing with Cosmic shimmer Arctic Lake embossing powder a couple of times to get a nice covering.


The title was printed onto paper spritzed with starburst stain, cut out and inked round the edges.
Little blue gems were added as a finishing touch.

I have enjoyed messing about with this and am looking forward to what this weeks theme will be.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa this is beautiful !

Dragon said...

OOOOO Lisa - I feel SO honoured that your first ever challenge is mine. I DO hope you will keep coming back as your work is lovely. Thanks for playing

Lynne K said...

A gorgeous tag, Lisa. Looking forward to seeing your next challenge entry!

Sally H said...

Positively stunning, Lisa! You are very talented!

The Stamp Man said...

A beautiful tag Lisa, love the idea and the colours.

Jill x

Marcea said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation. Thanks for paying me a visit and entering my candy - good luck!
-x-

Enfys said...

Stunning Lisa, love those swirls.
hugs
En x