Friday 15 June 2012

Time Or Travel at The Stampman

Hello everyone. Can you believe it's the middle of June. I am wearing a jumper and the heating has been on. Still on the bright side the sun is trying to get out, thankfully we had all the rain during the night so "mustn't grumble".

If it's Friday it must be time for another challenge over at The Stampman. I've unfortunately missed quite a few but it was nice to be challenged again and this time Frankie is asking us to think of Time or Travel.

While I was waiting for my mopped floors to dry yesterday I took refuge in my craft room and just started to play with some Distress inks and this is what I came up with for my DT project.  


I like both themes so have incorporated them into a cover to make a minibook for my holidays making a collage from various Tim Holtz stamps over the distressed background, that was sprayed with some Moonglow Glitz Spritz I bought from Jill many moons ago and it has sat very much unloved on my shelf ever since. Like most messy crafters I have numerous mica sprays from different companies but I have to say this one has given one of the best touches of glimmer I've seen.


 Jill is offering a £10 Voucher to spend at The Stampman website so why not have a go while the weather is so dismal. The rest of the DT have created some gorgeous ideas to give you further inspiration so don't forget to have a peek.

I know I promised you a look at some of the samples I did for Sheena's shows but time has just run away from me this week so I'll be back with those over the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely get well comments you have left me. They mean so much.

Have a great weekend whatever you are up too.

15 comments:

Lynne K said...

Hi Lisa,

Glad to see you back again - I wondered why you'd been quiet lately! Hope you're feeling much better now. At least you had a bit of summer while you were recuperating. We had some too, but today it's just 9 degrees on our outside thermometer, and dull windy and wet - in the middle of June! However, your book cover is a lovely bright picture in the gloom! I love the colours and all the different elements. I seem to be stuck on cards lately. I really must try something different....maybe you've inspired me!

Hugs, Lynne x

Artyjen said...

Ooh! That's ab fab gorgeous ;)
xoxo Sioux

brenda said...

Firstly Lisa, hope you are on the mend, we only came back from a two week holiday Tuesday so I missed lots of what was going on around blogland - and I'm still trying to play catch up and not a hint of anything crafty yet.

And like you I'm back into jumpers, it was a real culture shock arriving back here from 41 deg.

You might guess I love this piece, the colours are superb, a combo I too love working with, add the mice spray and the collage effect and it ticks all the right boxes for me.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

B x

Jill said...

I agree it's difficult to believe it's June! We have a strong wind here and a clear sky - if it wasn't for the wind it would be lovely!! Please no more RAIN!!

Love Time or Travel challenge, haven't done a challenge for ages, so I will try to get myself together and do it! Love the colours you have used!

Have a good weekend.

Jill x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

At last Lisa - you're back with another gorgeous, inky, fabulous project! The colours and images work perfectly together. Love it!

I am a tad bored with the weather now, but at least we haven't had the awful flooding which other parts of the country have suffered. Have a great weekend - hope to catch up soon - Sylvia xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow this is fabulous .. i just love the colours .
Lisa x

Beryl said...

Lovely to see you posting your work again and look forward to seeing lots more. Love the colours you've used and all the stamping in this design.
Super project to kick off with.
Beryl xx

Clare Lloyd said...

just hopped over from the stampman blog to say how much i love your project. fab colours and i love the distress techniques you have used. x

craftimamma said...

Love your book cover Lisa. The colours are lovely and the collaged images work perfectly.

As I was away Jubilee week and have been in my new 'job' as Mamma Daycare full time this week I am way behind with my fave blogs and have treated myself to a few hours catch up today. I'm sorry to discover you've been poorly but glad you are now on the mend. I am going back through your posts now.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous colour choices Lisa, loVe the merging of blue & yellow giving the soft green, super inky work & loVe your shadow stamping echoing across the paper, tis loVely!...Mel :)
Thankyou always for your loVely kind comments, they make my heart smile :)

May said...

Glad to see you are on the mend Lisa... What a fabulous creation.. the colours I love.. and the stamping is Brillant... Have a good Sunday.. Hugs May x x x

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great to see you back again. I've not stopped wearing jumpers yet, looks like I will for a few weeks to come!

Great cover, love the colour & the images work well.
I was struggling with the challenge, don't know why, both Time & Travel are my fav subjects but nothing would gel together. Now Im half way through a second piece & hope to have them ready for photos tomorrow (they match so need to be shown together)

Michelle said...

Love it Lisa
The colours are fab and the layered stamping is perfect! Love you all
x Michelle

Kezzy said...

Wow wow gorgeous, stunning, amazing card I love it. Kerry xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic card in great colors.