Friday 23 April 2010

A Challenge Or Two

Evening all you lovely Bloggers. Friday again and the forecast looks gorgeous for the weekend. I hope you all get to enjoy the sunshine.

I've been out of circulation with all the challenges I enjoy lately and started out to make a tag for Frankie's Tag It On challenge which is Embossing of any kind this week.


My head was buzzing with ideas and I started with blending Brushed Corduroy DI around my tag and stamping a Crafty Individuals text before adding the swirls in Vintage Photo which I clear embossed.

The butterflies (Graphicus) were stamped with Brilliance brown, clear embossed and painted with Brilliance sage green. Liquid pearls were added for the body. I really love using this at the moment. It has been in my stash for ages unused, but now I've found a use for it, there's no stopping me!!

The flowers were punched and then cuttlebugged and a touch for DI rubbed over before I added a gem for the centre. The flowers were a second attempt, the first ones were brown but I've been making cream roses for a Wedding card and decided they worked better with the tag so the originals were pulled off and replaced.

I added some fake stitching around the edge just to finish it off and while browsing Blogland tonight found I could also enter it into the Allsorts challenge "In Stitches" (just) and also Simon Says Stamp "Things With Wings" so I feel I've been quite productive this week.

Thank you as always for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments. I always enjoy reading them.

18 comments:

Sandra said...

Lots more wonderful creations and photos. Just love this tag, the swirls and butterflies ork so well together.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Sandra x

Sally H said...

It's a stunning tag, Lisa! I lvoe the swirls and those flowers are wonderful!Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

A gorgeous tag Lisa x Thanks for stopping by and sending hugs x Im much better today xx Janet x

Dragon said...

It's beautiful Lisa, as always. I LOVE this swirl and it just came in the post this morning!!! SO I shall be using it often myself... Thanks for dreaming with me this week
Frankie
xx

Jill said...

What a gorgeous tag! As always Lisa any project you do is inspiring, so complicated (in comparison with my stuff!). Mmm... not sure about us down south basking in the sunshine - I am wearing 2 fleecy jumpers as I write!!! Jill x

Claire Phillips said...

Stunning tag Lisa - absolutely beautiful - fab composition, so elegant!Cheers Claire x

Lynda said...

Stunning tag - the white flowers are a real contrast against the darker background.

Love Lynda xxx

Beryl said...

Hi Lisa - Soory I don't get round that often at the moment - the garden and house are taking up most of my time at the moment and I'm missing my blogging and crafting so much. There are some lovely projects on here since my last visit - especially this tag - love that vintage look.
Beryl xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful tag Lisa, I use my Liquid Pearls all the time lately! xx

Kay Carley said...

This is fab Lisa!
Kay xx

craftimamma said...

This tag is gorgeous Lisa. I love the blended Brushed Corduroy and the little butterflies are so pretty. I'd never thought of using Brilliance for colouring in. The flowers look lovely too.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I really like the vintage feel to this tag! Great job!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

Fantastic work as always.

Gorgeous tag and the tiny butterflies are just so beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Great tag! I just popped by and found your lovely warm, welcoming blog. you are creating some really great art here and I look forward to seeing more x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

This flows so beautifully. Gorgeous tag Lisa.

Lynne K said...

Hi Lisa, I'm just starting to catch up. I love this tag. The flowers and butterflies are gorgeous. I've had some liquid pearls in my stash for years and never used them. Maybe I should get them out again!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Lisa - how did I miss this one! (my visits to blogland have been a bit spasmodic recently, as you know - sorry)! This is so beautiful - love the flowers, the butterflies, the swirls - everything really!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Enfys said...

This is stunning Lisa, so subtle and detailed. Fabulous work.
big hugs
En xx