Saturday 10 April 2010

Out and About

Well isn't this sunshine just gorgeous. I hope you are all getting to enjoy it, I know how fickle our weather can be.

Sorry to have been a bit quiet again this week. What with the Easter hols and the good weather, crafting and blogging time has been scarce.

Thank you to all those who left me advice on colouring after my last post, I really appreciate it and shall be following up all your tips. Hopefully I will have another attempt to share with you soon.


In the meantime I thought I'd share some photos of our first trip of the year to The Lakes today. My regular followers will know what a soft spot I have for The Lake District. It is just one of those places that feels like home, I can't really explain it! The sun shone for us and everywhere looked lovely. We went to a little village called Elterwater at the foot of The Langdales and walked through to Skelwith Bridge, which has a wonderful cafe, so it was tea and cakes in the fresh air ready for the walk back. It wasn't a hike of any distance or very strenuous but we watched the lambs and looked at the flowers and skimmed stones in the beck . A really lovely day out.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing this weekend. I shall be back with some crafting next time.

9 comments:

The Stamp Man said...

Oh, you lucky lot visiting the Lakes today, we love it too and hope to have a holiday there again this year, it's ideal for us to take Hamish.

It's certainly been a lovely day, we've been inside as we held a workshop today, although we did have a brilliant day anyway.

Sorry I haven't visited recently, I've just been looking through your recent posts to catch up, beautiful work as usual! I LOVE your stool!!!

Jill x

Carol said...

Hi Lisa

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog and of course for your nice comments.

I too love the Lake District and visit fairly often (love your photo btw) as we have family in Preston, so not too far to go. We were in Yorkshire last weekend and visited Knaresborough, it's so pretty there, found a great little sewing shop that sold many bargains, so bonus! Saturday we went to Parbold to Cedar Farm, which is a nice place to visit with lots of little craft shops there, farmer's market too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Carol x

Jill said...

Wow what Lake District photos, absolutely adore the place and we are so far from there! My son used to live right in the very centre of Keswick - he worked in Ambleside as an outdoor shop manager for 15 months. Him and me hiked all over the place, all the 'big' stuff! Wonderful! Wish we were closer. We have had some nice weather here for a change as well!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous photos of the Lakes Lisa - can't wait to go there again this summer.
See you soon.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Lawn Grubs Queensland said...

The photographs are awesome. Its been a long time since we visited a place like this. Thanks for sharing such fabulous photographs.

Sarah xx said...

Stunning photos Lisa, I love the Lake District too, I know what you mean about that 'at home' feeling, although haven't been for years so will maybe take a trip this year and join you for a walk and a cream tea!!
xxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful photos, Lisa! I am very envious - it would be great to be close enough for day trips! Looks like you had perfect weather. We did that walk last time we were in the lakes, and it stayed fine!

Claire Phillips said...

Indeed a beautiful part of the world. We are having fab weather in Scotland as well it feels like a real holiday! Cheers Claire x

Lesley said...

Beautiful photos Lisa xx