Saturday 17 April 2010

Petals and Pearls

Hello on this beautiful sunny Saturday. Isn't the weather spoiling us at the minute?

We have been making the most of it, as you can probably guess from my lack of posts, but while the children are on holiday time is precious.

I had every intention of joining the Allsorts challenge of Petals and Pearls last week and had everything in my head and bits cut out but didn't actually finish it until very late last night when it was too dark to take any photos and so I missed the deadline.


Never mind, I thought I'd still share it with you. I made a hanger for my new craft room door. It's very simple but I'm quite pleased with the results. I cut a scalloped circle with a Nestie and stamped some text all over it from the Graphicus Key themeplate and inked all around the edge with some darker pink pigment ink. Large Ruby Tuesday Graphicus flowers were stamped onto bits of paper from my scrap box, cut out out and layered adding some card candy and liquid pearls. The little flowers were made from various flower punches and liquid pearls added in the centre. The leaves were stamped again from the Ruby Tuesday stamps onto more scrap and cut out.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a great weekend.

14 comments:

Sarah xx said...

Oooh this is lovely Lisa - I wish I had a craftroom to have a door to hang something like this on!!? Enjoy the sunshine xx

Jill said...

Wow that is beautiful Lisa, really love those flowers. If I hung something on the door of my craft room the cats would attack it!!!! Jill x

Sally H said...

Beautiful Lisa! I love it. It's so lovely to see something different done with those flowers. I tend to stamp and colour them, but then can't think of something to do with them!

Lynda said...

This is so pretty Lisa and it's a real pity you missed the deadline for Allsorts. Glad you shared it with us though!

Love Lynda xxx

Lesley said...

This is beautiful Lisa! I love all the stamped flowers xx

Kathy said...

This is absolutely stunning, Lisa, what a fantastic piece of art you've created here.
Hope you're enjoying a sunny w/e

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa
Fabulous door hanger, love those stamps and have been considering them for a while now but can you believe I went to graphicus yesterday and didn't think to pick them up! Seeing your beautiful project I regret it now
x Michelle

Unknown said...

This is stunning lisa I hope you are going to email Glenda a link to it she will be thrilled!

PinksyDoodles said...

This is so pretty Lisa. I love the big flowers. It will look fab hanging on your craft room door.
Clare x

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

I don't blame you for making the most of the sunshine and the time with your children - but I do agree we have been spoilt with the weather.

Claire Phillips said...

Absolutely beautiful Lisa - really great colours and I love the shape - fab! Cheers Claire x

Mel said...

Wow this is beautiful. Mel x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Lisa - just had to stop by and say thanks so much for your lovely comment that you left me!

By the way what a pretty door hanger!

Kay xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

love this its beautiful lisa xxx
debbie xxx