Wednesday 7 September 2011

WOYWW and A Bit Of A Catch Up

It's been a real crafting day here with this awful weather. I've sat in my craft room watching the rain heading in over the moors and felt quite cosy. It's hard to believe that this time last week I was sat on a sunlounger enjoying gorgeous hot weather.

It feels like ages since I last joined in WOYWW and sad to say the first thing I thought of this morning after I'd waved DD off to school was I must take my workdesk photo!!!! so here it is.


My Autumn resolution is to do more scrapbooking which is my first love and sadly has been neglected this year so I've made a start on my holiday photos using some gorgeous Bo Bunny paper I bought a few months ago in readiness. It's still in the early stages but I'm loving the colours already.

You might also be able to spy my new embossing folder and nesting die I bought at the weekend along with a tub of ice cream sprinkles that now contains cogs and watch hands and other exciting things my lovely Hubby collected for me after we watched a programme on Steam Punk the other day.

I can't wait to catch up with some of my favourite desks and if you want to join me then you need to visit the desk Headmistress, Julia, HERE.

Just before we went away I received some exciting packages from dear blogging friends with some amazing artwork inside so I thought I'd share these with you and take this opportunity to say thank you again to the lovely Shaz all the way from Australia who sent me the top pieces in the photo, aren't they gorgeous!!


and also to my dear friend, Jo, who I know many of your WOYWWer's know and love. She sent me one of her stunning Star creations. The photo just doesn't do it justice, the sparkle and stamping detail on it is amazing. I love them all and have them displayed where I can admire them everyday. Thank you so much ladies for your kindness.

You may remember that I'd also been very busy making samples for Sheena Douglass' new Christmas Paint Fusion Pick Of The Week Shows on Create and Craft back in August and I was absolutely delighted that one project in particular was very well received so I thought I'd share it with you.

I made a hanger from the circle chipboard pieces and the Christmas Tree and spruce branch set of stamps which also has pine cones in. My pine cones need a bit of practice to my critical eye but I really enjoyed making it and intend to make another one to hang on the fireplace at Christmas.

The edges of the chipboard have been embossed with gold WOW embossing powder and really sparkle.


I also made a card from the same set of stamps and it just goes to show the different looks you can achieve. I created the sky on this one using distress inks and mica sprays and the paint fusioned trees work a treat with it and they are really quick and easy to do.

Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments. It's so good to be back in Blogland. Enjoy the rest of the week

22 comments:

SueH said...

I think you’re being far too critical of your work Lisa because that wall hanging is just beautiful. I clicked on the large picture to get an even closer look and the detail is amazing, you're so clever.

Loving the LO that you’re working on too, real autumnal colours………..just perfect for the weather we’re having at the moment. Bet you’ve really noticed the change in temperature!

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Sarah xx said...

Hey hey lovely, loving your scrapbook page, the papers are great happy holiday colours? You can't even see my desk at the moment there is sooooo much stuff on it while I ink and spray and stamp!!! xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Welcome back from your hols! Loving that Christmas tree card.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a beautiful LO of your holiday photo- great colours and textures. I really like that combination of greens and that peachy orangy colour. Very nice indeed!

Hettie said...

Wow Lisa. You are certainly back with a bang!! Those cards and that hanging are stunning.
Thanks for sharing them with us. Brilliant.

nerllybird said...

Such lovely projects on your blog - the scrapbook page is looking yummy!
Helen S

craftimamma said...

Wow Lisa, that hanging is lovely. What a gorgeous decoration and the card's great too. You are clever with those Fusion paints. Nice to see your desk again, lol, and how smashing of your Hubby to start finding you steampunk bits and pieces.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jill said...

Hi Lisa. Your desk always looks so interesting!! I love your Paint Fusion pictures. We have got all the bits and pieces for it in the shop but I haven't had a go yet! Glad you plan to do more scrapbook pages, have to say that I definitely prefer scrapbooking to card making!! Hope your weather bucks up a bit! Looking from my craft room window this morning it's misty and drizzling. Jill x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Great Fusioneering Lisa! As well as the beautiful images, I love the backgrounds too - your crackle effect and snowy sky are fabulous.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Di said...

Welcome back Lisa! Gorgeous makes - and the wall hanging is stunning! Love it! Di xx

Twiglet said...

Oh such gorgeous work and your gifts from Shaz & Jo are fab - so many clever WOYWWers out there!!

Claire Phillips said...

Hi Lisa - So happy to have you back in blogland! Great to see your desk...ooooo I love that page - fab colour and I really like the flowers.
Yes your exploding boxes had well inspired me and they are becoming a bit of an obsession...I am working on lots more as I type! I do a wee tent fold piece of card to add my image to - seems simple but effective.
You are quite right - I am soooo enjoying my studio - have to keep pinching myself. It's my idea of heaven...lol! Cheers Claire x

Crafting Time said...

Gosh that hanging is beautiful Lisa, your cones are super I dont think you need to change anything!
I am a new follower of your blog, if you have a few spare minutes please pop over and say hello I came across you via WOYWW.
Helen x

Emma Williams said...

Loving all your work and it's so good to have you back! :)
Love the scrapbook page too ~ I've done my first layout today and can't wait to share it with everyone!! I might actually start getting into scrapbooking...if...IF I ever find the time! hehe...
Love and hugs, Emma xxx

Sandra said...

Hello my friend. Great to see you back and loving the look of your scrapbook layout. My first love is also scrapbooking and I am glad to say that I managed to create more layouts on my Summer holiday then I have in the last 5 years combined!!
I enjoyed your samples when they were on Sheena's show and thought they looked fabulous. Now I can see they are more beautiful then they came across on telly.
Take care
Sandra x

Spyder said...

Fabulous craft stuff!! and gifts love your layout too
Happy Late woyww
(Lyn)

Michelle said...

Hello my lovely friend. I've missed blogland too and missed u being here but I love that your time with my little crafting pal is so important to you. Hope you've all had a great summer.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my card. When I see what you've been up to tho I'm blown away. Love your hanger! The pine cones look amazing to me! Hope to see you soon
X michelle

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Lisa lovely to see you back dear friend and love the little pine cone hanger how great for Christmas and love Jo's lovely star card there too Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, love your desk this week - those Bo Bunny papers are a treat. Your Autumn resolution should be mine too - I so need to do more scrapbooking. Love the wall-hanging too (saw it on TV and admired it then) and I think you are overly critical of your own work :) I love the beautiful work Shaz and Jo sent you - nice things to cheer you up on a wet day. Elizabeth x #50

Sally H said...

stunning, gorgeous work Lisa! I lvoe the scrapbook page - those colours are gorgeous! Your hanging is fabulous as is the beautiful tree. I saw them on one of the shows and wondered if they were yours!

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely post and hope you had a wonderful holiday. We soon get into normality afterwards don't we. Your Christmas hanging is really so lovely and at first I thought it was just stamped.
So nice that you showed my card too.
Had a great trip to Germany... will write soon,
Love Jo x

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning creations, I love the bobunnys papers on the layout. Beautiful gifts from crafty mates they are gorgeous. I think your way too critical of your work as I think all your work is amazing. Kezzy x