Sunday 5 July 2009

Say It With Flowers


The theme for this weeks Tag It On challenge is Say It With Flowers. The theory behind it being to celebrate the fact that we always enjoy receiving flowers. As a flower lover I love having them in the house, but usually have to buy them myself, as readers of my blog know, I have a Hubby who doesn't buy flowers feeling they are a waste of money. He does buy me other things I hasten to add.


I, however, buy flowers for other people, either when they are poorly, feeling sad, or just to say thank you for something so I have based my tag this week on that. I've kept it simple with a lightly inked background of vanilla whispers and a loose rose stamp which was from Lakeland in the good old days when they sold craft stuff. The roses are painted with cherry red glimmer mist. I choose roses because I did get a bunch of red roses from my other half on the day we got engaged! See, he can be romantic! The tag was cut free hand and added with some red organza ribbon.

Thank you as always for visiting.

13 comments:

Jill said...

What a lovely tag Lisa. As a retired florist I love flowers! And no my husband has never bought me flowers as he says I would re-arrange them! (which I probably would!)

Lynne K said...

A very pretty tag. Simple but beautiful.

craftimamma said...

This is a beautifully simple tag Lisa. I especially like the lovely rich red of the roses. Perfect!

I've just been catching up on your last couple of posts and you mustn't apologise for the lovely comments you leave. I'm always thrilled to read them when you leave one on my blog, long or short!

The photos of your garden are gorgeous. I love to see gardens without any 'regimentation'. Much more interesting than rows of little soldier plants, Lol!

Lesley Xx

Cherry said...

Lovely tag, Lisa. The glimmer mist is delicious on your roses. XXX

Sally H said...

Beautiful! Very definitely less is more.

Dragon said...

Very pretty, Lisa... lovely flowers... sorry you don't gert them but I am sure you get other things!! Thanks for playing
Frankie
xx

brenda said...

Beautiful tag Lisa, so elegant in it's simplicity. Sounds like I have a hubby like your !

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a gorgeous tag Lisa - the red roses are beautiful.
Clare x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous tag, Lisa

Anonymous said...

very elegant tag Lisa,my DH doesn't buy flowers but does so much else to give me time for my hobby !
when my Dad bought my mum flowers (which he still does 40 yrs on !) my Grandad would always say 'you don't bait fish after you've caught it !' LOL

brenda said...

Now don't you go blaiming me for 'needing' more stamps Lisa, the very thought of having to buy craft stuff never crosses my mind - as if !

B x

Michelle said...

Beautiful Lisa! those roses are lovely and perfectly surronded by the scrolly bits.
x Michelle

Mel said...

These roses are beautiful and delicate. Thank you for taking the trouble to show us how to make them. Mel x