Tuesday 9 June 2009

In The Style Of Tim Holtz

This is the theme of the challenge over at the Simon Says challenge. I am slowly being sucked into these challenges, Oh Dear, but when Tim Holtz is involved I find it very hard to resist.

I decided on another Tag. For me these seem the easiest medium when you just want to play and this is what I came up with.

I used a technique that Tim demonstrated on his fabulous blog where by you stamp your initial image using white acrylic paint. I chose a grungy heart. You let this dry and then spritz your colour over the top. I've used Turquoise and Suede Glimmer Mists with a hint of Gold. I let this completely dry and then inked round the edges with the trusty chestnut whispers ink. When you wipe the sponge over the painted image it wipes off any colour on top revealing the image underneath.


I stamped part of a Prima build your own swirl down the side and an Artylicious Inspirations stamp for the words in black pigment ink.

Lastly I stamped the heart again on a piece of scrap card and cut it out. It seemed a bit heavy so I decided to cut the middle out too. It was then painted with the turquoise glimmer and diamond Stickles applied. I attached it with a brad for added interest.

I don't think I've quite got enough things added to it to be completely like Tim's wonderful creations, but I love the colours and when the light catches them they really shimmer, the photos don't quite do the glimmer mists justice.


This challenge was a great excuse just to mess about and see what evolved. Great fun.

9 comments:

Iris said...

Brilliant tag, great art work.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

brenda said...

Oh Lisa, this is so yummy, just my sort of thing especially with GM's. Brilliant artwork, love it and the colours.

Thanks for you kind thoughts - pretend this is not me, but I'll go crazy if I rest all the time and confess to just a little crafting earlier although there have been threats that my craft room key just might get lost - thet them try.

B x

Jill said...

Wow that is just so beautiful, and very Tim Holtzee!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag :-) I love all the shimmer on this and the stamps you used were just fab !! Love everything :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Really really love this one !

fab fab fab

Sally H said...

Beautiful! very Tim-like!

Beryl said...

It's hard to get the full effect of glimmer mists on photo but we all know it's there. This is a wonderful piece of work.
Beryl xx

craftimamma said...

Another beautiful tag Lisa and thanks for explaining how you did the hearts in the background. Don't think I've used that technique before so must have a go.

Once again a wonderful combination of colours. Love it!

Lesley Xx

Sue said...

Fantastic creation, will have to get out my glimmer mists!!! really pretty and funky all at the same time.