Sunday 5 April 2009

Still Decorating!


Hello there. I hope you have had a lovely weekend and the weather has been as good there as it has been here.

We are still decorating but the good news is the wall paper is all off-Hurray!!!, the paintwork is rubbed down and we are ready to start putting things right again. Thank goodness for that. I might actually get some proper crafting time in a few days.

In the meantime I've got another tag to show you using another Crafters Workshop stencil. This one is Mini Windsong and is one of my favourites.

I inked the background with a coarse mesh-like fabric using Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans distress inks which gave a speckled effect. The stencilling was done with Faded Jeans and the flourishes were stamped with Crimson Brilliance ink which I then wiped round all the edges just to soften them.

I stamped the wording on a separate piece of card and cut round it and then stuck a piece of burgundy organza ribbon on top and put it all on the tag at a jaunty angle just to be different.

Well I'm off to indulge in a bar of chocolate my kind Husband bought me, a treat for all our hard work, yes I will share it and I hope those of you just starting the Easter school hols like us have a relaxing time, lets hope the weather holds.


5 comments:

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful! I have the Windsong stencil too! I must try it with distress inks as the detail is a bit too fine for the colour sprays to do it justice. Hope the decorating goes to plan and you are able to enjoy some crafting time x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Lisa, and have checked out your blog and your creations are fabulous

xx Sue

lisa said...

Thanks so much. Yes the decorating is going well so I shall be grabbing a bit of crafting time today!

Lisax

Lesley said...

Beautiful tag Lisa, and thank you for visiting my blog xx

Enfys said...

This tag is just gorgeous Lisa, love those soft colours. I am SO glad it's you doing the decorating not me, I hate it and always get more paint on me than on the walls. Good luck!
hugs
En xx