Wednesday 31 May 2017

WOYWW 417

Morning lovely WOYWW friends from a very sunny Yorkshire this morning. I have washing out and intend to get out there myself after I have shared my desk with you lovely lot.


I have things drying on it this morning. I have been asked to make a Golden Wedding card by a friend so thought I'd make an exploding box, I haven't made one of those for years and always enjoy them although there is a lot of measuring and cutting out, not my strong point. There's also a bookmark card in progress, a project for Craft Club next month and a new set of dies I picked up at The Works. They are such a good price and this one is all foliage so I know it'll get lots of use, it already has!!

Here's a close up of the box so far. I have the sentiment panels to put on the sides but the hard work is done. I hope she likes it.



Like the rest of the country, we had amazing weather at the end of last week and not much of anything was done except sitting out and enjoying it.

Here's a peek at summer in The Craft Garden.



Thank you so much for the ATC's that have arrived so far from Margaret, Shaz, Jo and Annie. It's been such a joy to receive little envelopes of happiness.

Well, that's me this week, if you want to join in with our weekly desk hop, then pop over to see the lovely Julia, HERE.

I am looking forward to coming by to see what you've all been up to so enjoy your Wednesday and Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

Artyjen said...

Garden lookin wowsers! Not around much on Blogger anymore as google does not work seamlessly with apple devices! X

Annie said...

It's so lovely to see the sunshine isn't it? I think it lifts our mood ...I know it does mine. You have a lovely garden.
Hugs,
Annie x #17

Neet said...

What a stunning photo of your garden, and such a sunny day when you took it.
Love the explosion box with those golden roses. The recipient will be thrilled no doubt.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx
ps sent you an email

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your garden is really lush and beautiful! I'd be spending time out there too :-D. I'm stuck for inspiration with mine at the moment, hopefully when we get the patio and paths paved then I'll get some ideas! The Golden Wedding card is fab already, I know the recipients will adore it...i can feel your measuring stress though. When something has to be exact in order to work then it triples the pressure huh?!
HUgs, LLJ 18 xxx
PS Doesn't Hettie look fab?! She's so positive after her rotten year xx

May said...

Love your busy desk the exploding box looks amazing I'm sure they will Love it... Yes the weather today where I am is sunny and warm Just how I like it Long may it continue...your Garden looks lovely...Have a happy week ahead May #19

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh Lisa, I'd love to wander through your garden, it certainly is loving spring.. and that exploding card, well those gold roses are astounding of course she'll LOVE it!!
Thanks for sharing your space!
Shaz in Oz.x 15

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for the gorgeous ATC and your kind note which accompanied it. I am latish visiting today as the car has had to go in for its MOT (it's failed so I'm waiting for them to get back to me with the bad news of cost of work). Good job I bought Sheena's latest stamps before I knew that but Create It in Telford will be a window shopping experience only methinks. I love the exploding box. Happy WOYWW Sarah #22

Quirky Shepherd said...

Lovely to see your garden as well as your crafty space x

Helen said...

what a gorgeous golden wedding souvenir your exploding box card will make!! Happy WOYWW Helen #5

Cara said...

Your exploding box is looking fabulous. Glad to hear you're enjoying some of the good weather x

Lindart said...

I can't imagine why she wouldn't like it - it's gorgeous! Your Craft Garden is also gorgeous, and am all kinds of jealous! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

Kathleen said...

Well if she doesn't like it there is something wrong with her, looks gorgeous and so does your garden. It was sunny hear too but really cold out of the sun.

Kath x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Lisa. Your exploding box is beautiful - well done. Your garden looks just like a secret place to hide away from the world - great idea!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Garden looks lovely Lisa. It has been lovely here today and I've been out walking with friends. Your box card is gorgeous. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x21x

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

What a brilliant table of creativity.
I love the box - stunning!
Have a super week.
Katie #44 xx

Stacy Sheldon said...

The box card looks gorgeous! And so does your garden :)
Yep, we had to take this kitchen down to the studs.. so the drywall look is a major improvement ( no more chicken coop look hahaha) Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #40

Kelly said...

Hi Lisa. I love the entrance to your craft garden. so welcoming. The roses in that explosion card are gorgeous! So lifelike. I'm sure the love you are pouring into that card will be treasured. Creative Blessings! Kelly #36

RosA said...

Your exploding box card is so clever! I would love to have a go at making one! Your garden looks lovely too.
Thanks for visiting and for your kind words.

BJ said...

Not sure what I like more, the amazing exploding box or the garden???? BOTH! Have emailed you to establish contact and ATC pending posting when I get your address. Paint pots may well be opened soon...... Thanks for the visit BJ#11

sandra de said...

Wow, the exploding rose box looks fantastic then I saw your garden. You have a talent for creating beautiful spaces. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @4 (very very late woyww)