Wednesday 29 March 2017

WOYWW 408

Morning lovely WOYWW friends. Here we are at Wednesday again, where do the weeks go? It's a bit of a damp one here in Yorkshire this morning but after the gorgeous weekend, I'm not complaining. I hope any WOYWWer's who are in Queensland have come through that awful storm safe and sound.

Here's my desk this morning.



 A bit of a mess after a crafting session yesterday. I just finished and walked away, which is unusual for me as I like to tidy up between projects. I guess that'll be the first job today. I was asked to make a leaving card for a lady at work and was just finishing it off with some ink and gilding wax last night, listening to some music. I escape for an hour every evening while my other half has his daily dose of Star Trek after tea!!

This is the finished card



I found so many half done things during my recent craft room spring clean and am determined to finish some of them now I have a bit more time. This was the first one that finally got completed last weekend. A little felt cushion I did as a Craft Club project last year. It now sits on our bed, a much better place than in bits in a drawer. One down, many more to go!!


 Well, that's me this week. If you want to share your desk with us, then pop over to see Julia at WOYWW Headquarters, HERE.

Enjoy your Wedensday and Happy Crafting!

18 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

What a lovely card and the sentiment is perfect. Where is it from? Sarah #13

Diana Taylor said...

That's a lovely card, such a pretty background, and I especially like the quote and the attractive text it's in.
Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for visiting my desk,
Diana #14 x

Annie said...

Oh Lisa I love the sentiment on your card and that little cushion is really pretty. Good luck with finishing of your projects.
Hope you have a creative week.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Christine said...

What a beautiful cushion! Well done on changing a WIP to Completed Project, it's really adorable.
Take care and have a good week
Christine #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that is a sweet cushion Lisa - made sweeter because its a finished WIP, very impressive! Now the evenings are lighter, I hope too to have extra desk time after tea - it's not Star Trek here, but something in the fantasy genre that I don't really need to see!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Lisa. What a lovely card - just right... he cushion is great - well done - the first of the "Unfinished symphonies"!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #29

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, you have some fresh and lovely things on your desk this week! I love the card and sentiment, perfect for someone who is leaving - it's that mix of relief and dread when you move on from a place that is familiar. The little cushion is gorgeous and you're right, much better out on display than shoved in a drawer!!!
Hugs, LLJ 8 xxxx

Neet said...

What a truly beautiful card. It is going to be loved and enjoyed by everyone who sees it.
Great little cushion - glad you finished it and showed it to us.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx
ps it's "chucking it down" my side of the Pennines

Lindart said...

Lovely card, I'm sure your co-worker will treasure it! That little pillow is too cute for words! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

Dorlene Durham said...

Great card and cushion. I feel the same way. When I cleaned my room there were so many unfinished projects. I made a promise to myself to get through them. I've completed a few mini albums, but there are so many more....Dorlene #33

Helen said...

what a very gorgeous card, and so is the cushion. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

BJ said...

Adore the balloon card and just the sentiment I needed to hear right now. BJ#20

Kathleen said...

I am surprised to see that have posted this week after all the lovely weather we have been having, lol.
Great desk and a really lovely card, gorgeous background and a great sentiment.

Kath x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your card is perfect Lisa. Love the colours, the images and the sentiment, just perfect. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and lovely week too, Angela x11x

sandra de said...

Lovely card Lisa. You must be so pleased with the cushion it has turned out a treat. Hope all well with you. We have had rain, rain and more rain.... quite miserable. Thank goodness for the escape of craft.
sandra de @16

Lynn Holland said...

What pretty pieces you have made. Let's hope the weather starts to improve soon. It's been so wet, not good for the hairdo haha
Lynn 7 x

Marit said...

The card is really nice but it would be a hard choice for me between going into the studio or watch Star Trek (I just LOVE that series!) Good for you that you finished some old projects... I know how it is, having 'unfinished projects' laying around ;) And yes, keep the Ice Saints as a reference for gardning, it's fun to imagine three saints saying you can 'go ahead now'... ha! Have a great weekend, love from Holland! Marit #23

RosA said...

Hi Lisa,
What a pretty card! And I like how you have done the background. The cushion is gorgeous too!
I'm in the same city as Sandra (above) and yes, it's all been rain, rain and more rain here :(