Friday 3 October 2014

North Meets South

Morning folks

Just stopping by to share some more makes with you made for Sheena's big Weekender starting tomorrow at 9am where the big stars will be the new Spectrum Noir Aquatints. I absolutely love playing with these and I know Sheena has even more tips and techniques up her sleeve to share so I shall be watching closely. I hope you like them as much as I do.

As I missed yesterday I'll share two more with you today.



With this first one I tried to capture the Northern Lights. Because the colours are so wet they blend so well and although can look at bit scary when wet they just to seem to work what ever you do once they dry. My kind of crafting....fool proof!!



This is a Canvas I did using both sets of stamps, a kind of North meets South. I coated the canvas with gesso first using an old credit card to create texture and although I had to add a little bit of acrylic paint just to blend the tissue I stamped the images on as the Aquatints moved slightly I kind of like the effect it created.

Well, that's me today. Enjoy your weekend whatever you are up too and Happy Crafting.

6 comments:

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Both stunning.. Can't choose I love them both, Px

Jill said...

Really beautiful Lisa. x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, these are both stunning projects - love the backgrounds. I've recorded Sheena's shows and managed to watch one already ... I've marked it a keeper so I can watch again :) Elizabeth xx

Elizabeth said...

Following on from yesterday's comment, I thought I'd just let you know that I've succumbed to temptation and ordered Set 2 of the Aquatints. Well, winter is on it's way so I'll need something to keep me occupied when I can't get out into the garden :) Elizabeth xx

Hettie said...

These are gorgeous Lisa. I love that viking ship. Hmmmmn. Better not spend no more after my xpensive trip over the water!
Hugs
xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, thought you would like to know that the Aqua Tints arrived yesterday and I've been playing already. I've made a colour chart and then experimented a bit and even made a project with them ... they are lovely. Both you and Sheena are to blame for the parlous state of my bank account but I'm all the happier for it :) Elizabeth xx