Friday 24 January 2014

Sheena's New Embossing Folders

Morning lovely crafters. How is your Friday going? We actually had a quick flurry of the white stuff yesterday afternoon. DD got all excited but it was only a shower but enough to turn the hills white. It's flippin cold out there today again but so far dry.

I'm just popping by to share with you what I've been playing with since Christmas. Sheena has a 4 Day Deal starting on C&C on Monday 27th January. It's my birthday so I shall be able to put my feet up and enjoy all her demos without feeling guilty at not doing something more important for once.

She will be featuring lots of new Embossing Folders that compliment lots of her past stamp sets and they are a joy. I hadn't realised there was so much you could do with an embossing folder until you are challenged to make them the focal point and not the stamps.

Here is my first sneaky peek.


I've used two folders on this one. The pink background is coordinations card that has been sanded but the white panel is more interesting. I embossed the card with the flowers folder, coloured the flowers with alcohol markers and then painted the whole lot with white acrylic paint. You have to let the paint dry thoroughly but I then sanded the paint back to reveal some of the colour. The whole card is then triple embossed. It's a technique I discovered on Pinterest and love.

The flower embellishments are from the big florals set and have been black heat embossed and painted with set 5 of the Luminarte silks.

I hope you like it. I have some more up my sleeve but you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Happy Crafting.

7 comments:

Mrs.B said...

HI Lisa, This is a gorgeous card, love the technique you've used on the focal panel.
Hugs, Avril xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Happy Birthday xx this is so beautiful, Px

Fiona C said...

Lovely card - gorgeous colours and happy birthday for Monday xx

craftimamma said...

Hi Lisa, your card is beautiful and a more than worthy showcase of those fab products. Those embossing folders do look lovely and I already love the Luminarte Silks having used them at a Finnabair workshop last year and, of course, I gave in and bought some ;D. Now I need more colours, lol!

Have a wonderful birthday on Monday and I will try to join you watching Sheena if possible but will record the shows anyway as always.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Beryl said...

What a beautiful embossing foler to compliment those stamps. Think I'll really need this one (at least). I love the effect with the alcohol markers overpaned. Cool.
I'll be watching too, looking out for your samples and hoping you are having a great birthday.
Beryl xx

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card, hope Sheena shows us this technique

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Lisa! This is totally stunning! LOVE the colours and those embossing folders look amazing! Might just have to treat myself! Glad to hear you will be having a lovely relaxing birthday! Hope you enjoy it and are spoiled rotten xxx