Wednesday 15 May 2013

WOYWW 206

Afternoon lovely crafters and dear WOYWW friends. I can't believe where this week has flown to and what a week it's been. I got back last night from two days in Newcastle playing with my lovely teammies and The Boss, our Sheena, at our first DT retreat. I will share more details later in the week. What a brilliant couple of days and my head is spinning today with new ideas that have to be tried out but unfortunately, there is the small matter of work first!!!

So I'm nipping by to share my desk before I get my head down.


Not a lot to show except a right mess really. I am prepping for Craft Club tomorrow night. We are doing a small scrapbook layout and as most of the people who come are none papercrafters I'm keeping it simple. There is still a lot of stuff to get sorted though.

You can just see the project we did last time peeking out. One lady shared rag rugging with us. I have to say I was a bit dubious, thinking of the old fashioned rugs you see, but this was different. Bright colours and modern designs. She was making a huge Union Jack which was stunning. We just had a dabble but I loved it and finished mine at home. Here it is in all it's glory. Several of DD's tiny T-shirts I couldn't bear to part with found their way into it which makes it extra special.



I also need to get on with my ATC's for the WOYWW swap. The weeks are whizzing by and as always I'm chasing my tail. Nothing new there then!!

If you want to join in with all this desk sharing then pop over to see our lovely Desk Mistress, Julia, HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Wednesday is going well.

Happy Crafting

19 comments:

Krisha said...

What a wonderful way to keep those tiny t-shirts, and memories.
Krisha #113

Heathers Inspiration said...

Sounds like you all had an Amazing time x
Have a Beautiful week Heather # 135

G Peplow said...

HI Lisa, I love untidy desks, shows a busy crafter!! Gorgeous rag rug with brilliant colours and the heart is very clever :D Can't wait to see what comes from your DT Retreat, what a brilliant idea too :D Hugs Gay x

Annie said...

Hi Lisa,
I love your rug and really hope you do a show and tell how you did it...It's something I'd love to have a go at. :-)
Hugs,
A x # 47

Dainty Diva said...

You have room for living things, flowers. Very nice.. #139

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So glad you enjoyed your couple of crafty days..there's nothing like it for recharging the batteries!! I love the mat..is it a hooky or a proggy? I remember that's what they were called in Newcastle where you either hooked the loops through or pushed (progged). It's a great result anyway, especially as you used DD's old clothes!
I'm fine though am back to Wales tomorrow....
Hugs, LLJ 29 xxxx

Anonymous said...

LOVE the t-shirt project. Looks amazing. Happy Wednesday!
SueC#109

Sarn said...

Wow - fab rag rug results. Like the look of your sunny desk too. Sounds like you've been having fun.

Thanks for visiting.

Hugs
Sarn (#80)xxx

ria gall said...

Hi Lisa
I bet you had an amazing few days away what I would give to be on a Sheena retreat, she is the one lady I look up to in crafting always tape her shows on C&C and as I said to you before my sister says she sees me when she watches Sheena that is a real compliment for me.
I am loving your rug you made and to think your daughters tshirts have gone in to it, how special
Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
Ria #21

Jill said...

Hi Lisa, bet you had a great time, will look forward to seeing all your creations! Jill x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, what fun, a DT retreat with Sheena ... look forward to you sharing those details. Love your rag rug - so much prettier than the ones I remember from my childhood - eons ago - and a lovely way of preserving those tiny T-shirts too. Hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #36

Darnell said...

No kidding, Lisa, that is unlike any rag rugs I've ever seen. It is absolutely stunning and how sweet that it contains some of DD's shirts!

When I first looked at your desk, I thought that paper said "Bacon Burritos" and my eyes perked up. Yum! But it wasn't so. Then I thought, "Why have I never seen a recipe for bacon burritos?" Sounds delish!

Thanks for coming to see me earlier today! Enjoy the rest of your week! Don't work too hard! Darnell #37

Beryl said...

Glad you enjoyed the retreat and hope to see some sneak peeks of what's coming up. Your rag rug is gorgeous - much prettier than the dull thing we had in the living room when I was a child.
Beryl xx

sandra de said...

What an awesome rag rug... I really can't see any rag's within the lovely heart pattern. It is always such fun to learn another craft skill to add to our list of accomplishments. Looking forward to the swap and I hope you are keen to swap. Send me your addy
Sandra

Hettie said...

Nice busy desk here Lisa. Looking forward to seeing your layout!
As for your rag rug it is beautiful! And extra special too.
I made one for in front of the fire using old t-shirts. Seemed a good idea to make one 3ft x 5ft at the beginning! Boy it was heavy!
Hugs
xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Lisa just popping by quickly and love the rag rung great work.. very practical too.. and yes the atc's kinda started but want them done soon too happy WOYWW love Shaz in oz.x 45

Claire Phillips said...

Sounds like you had great fun on your retreat, its always wonderful to have other creative peeps around you. I love it when folks come to my studio. Love the rag rug.....great use of those special t-shirts! Cheers Claire x

Di said...

Wow, love the rug! A friend just bought me a cushion front to make - I got as far as buying a latch hook and have been eyeing up the kit with a certain amount of trepidation ever since! OK, OK - I will do it......after the bookmarks!!

Thank you for calling by Lisa - love your DT work, and I hope you weren't down the Bigg Market on Friday night in Newcastle?!

Hugs, Di xx

Kelly said...

I love the activity on your desk. Thanks for showing the rag mat. Turned out great! And what an awesome way to save cherished little tyke items. Creative BLessings! Kelly #124