Wednesday 6 February 2013

Some New Sheena Sneaky Peeks

Two posts in one day, don't faint with surprise!!!

If any of you saw the card in progress on my desk in my WOYWW post. Well I can now share the finished thing with you complete with it's lovely stamped images.

Sheena has some new stamps "A Little Bit Floral" being released on Create and Craft this Saturday and if you like flowers you are going to love these. I have had a wonderful time playing with them and these are the first of the ones I'll be sharing with you throughout the rest of the week.



I inked the embossed background with Spun Sugar Distress ink and then painted the Magnolia branches with  pearlescent H20's and just a touch of rose pink. The sentiment was from the last stamp set that formed part of the 4 day deal.


With this one I created a background with various Distress Inks and then stamped the flowers and removed the colour with a water brush before blotting with a tissue . These were then masked before the faded background branches were added.

I hope you like them. I could have played for days and probably will now the pressure of making the samples is off.
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop back tomorrow to see a few more.

14 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two beautiful cards Lisa - love them both, but I think my favourite is the 2nd one - those sultry background colours make a totally stunning combination.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Lisa, what gorgeous colours in your cards again, soft subtle and delicate in the first and deep and gorgeous in the second, lovely magnolia stamps too, Gay xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Lisa, what gorgeous colours in your cards again, soft subtle and delicate in the first and deep and gorgeous in the second, lovely magnolia stamps too, Gay xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh that magnolia is so pretty and the colours in that bottom card are stunning
Lisa x

brenda said...

Both lovely Lisa, but that second one really ticks all the boxes for me.

I think these will be a real must have and don't know that I've ever seems a magnolia as a stamp before.

B x

Alison Scott said...

Beautifully made cards. I love the magnolia. I love that tree.

Hettie said...

Wow Lisa!! What beautiful cards you have created. Now you are really cooking!! The colours in that bottom one are fabulous!
Hugs
xx

Beryl said...

They are both beautiful cards Lisa.Thank you for sharing them with us - oh dear - is the plastic going to get another outing on Saturday do you think?
Beryl xx

Jill said...

Absolutely lovely Lisa. Really love that second card, more my colours,but they are both great. Jill x

Diane said...

These are both lovely, Lisa! I didn't have these stamps but I really love the way you've used the images!
Diane x

JoZart Designs said...

Such beautiful cards. You are such an artist with colour Lisa! That quote is wonderful and even better to note it's from one of my heroine's. I admire her not just for her stunning beauty and her films but for her charitable work with unicef. There are quite a few good poignant quotes from her pen!
Jo x

Fiona C said...

Simply scrumptious ;o)xx

Sally H said...

Saw your samples on the TV today - awesome! I went and ordered all the stamps. I love these magnolia cards - gorgeous technique on the second. I will have to try it x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, your cards are gorgeous. So much so, Sheena singled out the lower one and gave a demonstration on how you did it. It's such a lovely technique, I will be giving it a go too. Elizabeth xx