Wednesday 27 July 2011

WOYWW-A Pile Of Paper!

Evening folks. I thought once we got into the Summer Holidays the weeks would slow down a bit but no, it's Wednesday in the blink of an eye and time for WOYWW and another nosey around everyone's interesting and creative workspaces. Why not pop over to see Julia HERE and join in the fun.


I am sharing my dining table now with my little mate and fellow crafter DD. She is making a paper model of Neuschwanstein castle that her Dad found for her on the internet. We visited it last year for real so she's enjoying making it although there is a lot of fiddly cutting out.

I have just started an exploding box for my Aunt and Uncle's Golden Wedding Anniversary on Saturday. I sat and made the gold roses in front of the TV last night and am going to add some butterflies to them too. As I type it is much further on and just needs putting together so I may actually get it finished tonight. No coffee, frothy or otherwise on the table this week although the eagle eyed will spot my Jelly Babies.

Can you also spot the dragon game? I had a sort out of DD's wardrobe at the weekend and have a pile of baby things to go in the loft until we can decide what to do with them and this game was one of them. Of course they were all long lost treasures and need to be played with again. This is one of those that you push pegs in and try to avoid popping up the dragon.

Do you remember the start of my blue canvas the other week? Well, the finished thing was delivered to my Mum for her birthday last week so I can share it with you now.


I loved every minute of creating it and just kept playing until I was happy. I paint fushioned Sheena's lovely daisies using grey as the base coat rather than the pale blue. I like the shadow this gives.


They were then over sprayed with denim glimmer mist which also made the dye ink stamping underneath run, another accident I liked. I over stamped again mainly with bubble wrap and then traced on the word and painted it with Forest Moss Distress Ink.


Mum was delighted with her gift and has it hung in her new conservatory and I already have plans buzzing around for my next creation. I love this way of using the Paint Fusion stamps.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a good week. We are keeping our fingers crossed for some sunshine, so far all the week has given us is cloud.

14 comments:

Sheilagh said...

Hi Lisa, I love your creation on canvas it's fab, the colours are great :)
Sheilagh

Hettie said...

This canvas is gorgeous and that flourish stamp you have used is one of my favourites I have.
As for Jelly Babies - pass one over please!!

Lynda said...

Oh Wow Lisa your canvas is gorgeous - what a treasure for your mum.

Love Lynda xxx

Jules said...

What a fantastic post Lisa.

Lots of lovely things to look at on your table .. .. how lovely to be sharing it with your DD. (But of course that means you have to share your sweeties too!! LOL!!!).

The roses look gorgeous and I hope we get to see the finished article.

Your Mum's canvass is as beautiful as I imagined it would be .. .. I bet she loves it and is really proud of you for being so talented.

Love Jules xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry about my close up, I hadn't a clue that anyone could be button phobic, you live and learn:0) I'll do my best not to do it again! Love your canvas you've really taken off and flown with this method of painting and it's a brilliant finished result, not surprised your mum liked it! I do too, hugs Gay xxx
p.s I'd like to see the golden wedding anniversary card too, when it's finished, please, x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, the finished canvas is just beautiful - love the combination of stamping/painting/spraying techniques and the colours are gorgeous. The gold roses look fabulous too. Hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #59

GlorV1 said...

Great work. Love your canvas and your workdesk. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Hi Lisa Hope you are well and making the most of the decent weather we are having.

What a gorgeous canvas you made for your Mum, no wonder she was thrilled with it!

Must be so much fun being able to craft with your DD. If Pam and me scrapbook together in the USA we have to share the paper with her 2.5 year old which makes life much more complicated!!

Take care Jill x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your canvas for your Mum is just gorgeous - beautiful colours and flowers. An exploding box sounds exciting - does it involve dynamite :D xx

Emma Williams said...

FAB~U~LOUS!! Your Mum must have been over the moon with the canvas. I'm sure she'll treasure your wonderful work of art for many years to come...she's a lucky lady to have such a wonderful daughter!
Hope you're having a great week, Lisa.
Love and hugs, Emma xxx

Neil said...

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your desk this week! I'm dashing around this week like the white rabbit; places to go and things to see! Hope you have a lovely week.

JoZart Designs said...

woah! so much going on there this week. Love your canvas and really look forward to seeing those flowers on that special card.
great post Lisa and thanks for my message too. I am so excited that I might get to Germany soon!
Love joZarty x

Claire Phillips said...

Your canvas is wonderful and I am sure will be well admired in its new home. We had that game aswell - great fun! Loving those gold roses...can't wait to see the finnished piece. It must be lovely sharing your desk with your daughter, mine are a bit of a rabble at the mo! Cheers Claire x

Kezzy said...

Wow the canvas is truly amazing, its such a gorgeous elegant chic gift. Kezzy x