Friday 15 July 2011

Anything Tim At The Stampman

It's 6pm and the first time I've sat down all day, I even missed lunch. It always make me laugh when people say "oh, you don't work, what do you do to fill your day?" In my case I don't know how I found time to work, the days are so busy, but I do know how lucky I am so you won't hear any grumbles!!

Mrs Stampman has set us the challenge of "Anything Tim" over at The Stampman Challenge this time. It always sounds such a great theme but I have to confess I didn't know where to start with this one. I love using Tim's stamps and inks but when I see some of the amazing projects people do using all the ideaology metal pieces I know I could never do anything in the same league. Some of my Teamies are masters at this so make sure you pop over to the blog to have a look at them.

I decided to play it safe and go with a Scrapbook Layout for my design piece.


I used Tim's Compass mask and Brushed Corduroy and Forest Moss Distress ink on a plain piece of card stock and then stamped on it too before spraying with some perfect pearls and distressing the edges for my backing paper.


The Alphabet was cut with the Vintage Market Sissix Die and then stamped on and some Stickles added. It was stuck on with silicone glue.

The Tattered Flower was one I had in my box made from cartridge paper that had been inked and stamped with Broken China and I layered it with the elegant flourish stamped with Forest Moss. The little bits of chain had alcohol ink applied to tie in the colours.


I made my metal embellishments by silver triple embossing using one of the stamps from the Urban Chic set which I love.

I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, I don't want to bore you with loads of detail except to say the photo is of one of my favourite places, Lake Zell in Austria.

I'm sure this theme will inspire loads of you to get your Tim things out and the team can't wait to see what you create. As always Jill is offering a £10 Stampman voucher to the winner.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend, whatever the weather. It has just started pouring down here which, I think, is a sign of things to come.

15 comments:

Emma Williams said...

Ooo, I'm in Timmie heaven...so many lovely things to look at and all from "THE" Tim Holtz!! A really lovely layout, Lisa...it's gorgeous.

And believe me, working from home is never easy. My days are longer than any 9-5 job but at least we have fun doing it!!
Have a wonderful weekend...
Love and hugs, Emma xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Lisa, Your LO is so beautiful what a magical lake and gorgeous colours, I love the whole dreamy page, Gay xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i know what you mean .. i dont know how i got everything done and worked full time ! i love working 3 days a week.. i think everyone should lol
Love the layout ..wonderful colours and love the letters
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Fab LO Lisa- that lake looks so inviting, I could just dangle my feet in it now, as they are a bit sore after work and karate (I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!)

Sarah xx said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by. I so love your LO, the backgrounds details and colours are stunning where you have stamped and distressed - gorgeous!! Love the silver embossing too. Have a great weekend xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Lisa - a great layout, colours and embellishments.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, I like your Timmy'd layout. The photo reminds me of one I have tucked away - it was taken rather nearer home, on the shores of Loch Lomond :) The colour combinations is great - love olive green - and your flower is gorgeous, the chain is a great touch. Got to agree with you about being busy and being at home - I used to work full time - and because I was freelance that often meant working into the early hours of the morning, and I had two kids and the house to run and I really don't know where I found the time. Now I'm retired and still busy - I just enjoy it all more. Happy days :) Elizabeth x

Jill said...

Oooh Lisa! What a great LO, love that lettering the 'bunch' of bits in the corner of the photo! Must have a think about this one! Hope you are ok and have a good weekend - hope the weather is better your way than here as its wet and windy! Jill x

brenda said...

Morning Lisa

Wanted to pop in and say Hi and thanks for your continued support, which is so appreciated, despite me being so resricted in ability to blog.

Now I'm here am off to have a little nosey and see what you've been up to lately.

Already seen you are creating for Sheena, recognise the 'Ascot' one. Does give you a buzz when you see your work on the screen doesn't it.

B x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful LO Lisa and what a tranquil scene. Your TH embellishments are gorgeous and I love the colour scheme.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Lynda said...

A terrific layout Lisa - there's so many techniques on there! I absolutely love the silver embellishments you've made and the picture is so tranquil!

Hope you're having a good weekend despite the rain!

Love Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

Love it Lisa - scrapbooking was my first venture into crafting so I love seeing LO on my blog land travels - sadly i have not been wandering as much I would like xx Thanks for all your inspirational comments on my stuff and hello to your lovely DD too x

Angela Weimer said...

A fab Page. Lots of lovely details to look at and absorb. Have a great week. Angela

Hettie said...

Oooo! Well done Lisa this is gorgeous!!

Kezzy said...

Brilliant LO, loving the colours. Kezzy x