Friday 4 December 2009

Did You Miss Me?

Hello, I'm Back!!!!

We've just spent the week at Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest, our regular rest week before the chaos of Christmas and it was great. We went with some friends and their children and are now thoroughly prune like from spending hours swimming and riding the flumes, watching fireworks in the pouring rain and shouting ourselves hoarse at a very silly but brilliant pantomime.

It's lovely to leave all the routine behind for awhile and just chill out. We communed with lots of nature so as I've no crafting to show you today I thought I'd share a photo of the birds I took yesterday.


I was banned from all thoughts of crafting so I've got lots and lots to catch up with now, including my December scrapbook, Sir Tim's tags, challenges and those Christmas cards I've still not done!!!!! So bear with me while I catch up with all your wonderful blogs too. I will get there eventually.

It's lovely to go away but so nice to get home again too.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Glad you had a great time and yes, I did miss you, wondered where you were!

Beryl said...

Welcome back - so glad you had a great time.
Beryl xx

Sally H said...

Yes, we did miss you! I grew up just a few miles from where you were, and I pass centre parks on the way to my dad's each fortnight! Introduce Freya to 'The Secret World of Polly Flint' by Helen Creswell. It is based around Rufford Abbey, just around the corner. Glad to hear you had a lovely time. Good luck with the christmassy stuff!

Lynne K said...

Hi Lisa, wondered where you'd gone! Glad you had a good time. My dad-in-law lives just a mile from Centre Parcs, across the forest as the crow flies. If I'd known you'd be there I could have waved to you from his house! Don't worry, I haven't got my cards done yet either, but we've still got a couple of weeks to go.... x

PinksyDoodles said...

Lovely to have you back Lisa. It sounds like you had a great time.
Clare x

Lesley said...

Sounds like you had a fab time Lisa! The birds are lovely too, we get Coal Tits in the garden as well. xx

Claire Phillips said...

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your break! Glad to see there is someone else out there not done their Christmas cards - I'm still making everyone elses! x

brenda said...

Hi Lisa

Sounds like you had a fun time, never been to Centre Parks, but it always sound great when people talk about it.

B x