Sunday 6 December 2009

Christmas Prepartions

I've just found out there are only 2 more weekends before Christmas, not 3 as I'd been thinking!!!!!! Panic time.

I am feeling slightly better though as I made my Christmas cake yesterday so that's one "to do" ticked off the list.

Please forgive the short post again today. I have a box full of photos and bits and pieces for my JYC but as yet nothing has been made into pages, I think I'm a bit behind already!!!! Guess what I shall be doing for the rest of the afternoon.


I was playing with peel offs yesterday, yes I know, not at all fashionable but I was trying different things with them and the left over bits looked just as good so this is the card I made with them, cutting round the edge and then matting and layering the design. The BP was from the Artylicious CD and Dovecraft, I think. I have a bag full of Christmas papers that are no longer in their original wrapping. Various size gems were stuck on the tree just to liven it up a bit.


I hope you are all having a great weekend and your Christmas preparations are going well.

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Sally H said...

Who cares what is fashionable? I think it looks great. I too have that sheet of peel-offs, and to be honest they allow us to be more creative than decoupage sheets etc. Maybe we should start a revival!!! Good luck with Christmas preparations and well done for making your cake!

Unknown said...

Well done on getting your Christmas cake done - I haven't yet!

I think you've done a great job with the peel-offs - it's a really pretty card.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great card, love it.
I haven't been around much, trying to get used to 11 hour days now i am train travelling to work & it is not going down well as it ate into my set aside xmas budget to the tune of £173. Its good to find out who your friends are.... not.

Take a break, Xmas will arrive & everything you want will be done. :)

Sally H said...

Brenda is going to do a blog tutorial on roses soon, so you will be able to learn from the master!

Lynda said...

I think there's a bit of snobbery about peel off's but I think they have their use just like every other craft item. You've just proved that stunning cards can be made from the not so 'fashionable' stuff. Good on you Lisa!

Love Lynda xxx

Beryl said...

Such a clever idea and with great results too. It's lovely. We're off to deliver the family's presents next weekend so I have even less time to get finished. Haven't wrapped a thing yet either.
Beryl xx

Lynne K said...

Nothing wrong with peel-offs. It's how you use them that counts, as you have so ably shown with this one. Not to mention being environmentally friendly and using up the leftover bits! I like the way you've added the gems too. x

Jill said...

Peel offs in their place I say! I have cheated and bought a Christmas cake this year!

Marcea said...

hey, very creative!! I really think it looks so funky - well done on another great creation
-x-

Enfys said...

This is great Lisa, i love the idea of using negative images, I think peel offs definitely have a place in creative studios, now don't get me started on decoupage... Kiki could do that, and she's only 5!!
big hugs
En x

brenda said...

This is beautiful Lisa, as Sally says, who cares about fashion, it's what we make it in the crafty world.

And congrats on the GDT spot.

See I am being reminded about that tutorial, will get on to it today, been dragging my heels a bit doe to this eye problem - nor sure about "master", but hopefully it will help.

B x

Claire Phillips said...

Lisa - you've done a brill job with the peel offs - sometimes peel offs surprise me and this is definitely the case here - great card! x

Anonymous said...

think youve done a fab job with the peel-offs.fab card