Wednesday 6 May 2020

WOYWW 570

Morning Gentle Deskers from a very sunny Yorkshire. I hope I find you well this Wednesday morning. I don't know where the weeks are going. Despite not having much of a routine they are just flying by, that must be a good sign, the sunny weather helps. I hope you are not struggling too much. Personally, I think this might be the easy bit, what comes next will be much harder and more scary. I've been into school for a few days these past couple of weeks to get things ready for the little new starters in September and you realise how things are going to have to change in schools, even down to the everyday things such as dinner time and sticking a plaster on a bumped knee.

Anyway, that is for another day. Here is my desk today.


I am still on with my journal. A bit behind, when the sun shines I'm outside so not crafting. This page is the day we fetched DD home from Uni with all her stuff.

I also have several other desks today, well why be content with just one!!!!!


On the dining table my sewing machine is set up for face covering production. I have several orders from family and work colleagues and have been waiting for a delivery of elastic, which arrived yesterday, so it's all systems go now. I have lots of pretty fabric, don't look at the boxes of chocolate, they're just a figment of your imagination!!!!


And here's my outside desk. This is very much a WIP. I'm sowing very old seeds with the hope that some might germinate as I hadn't got round to buying many new packets when the garden centres shut. I take the attitude that if I get one to come through, that's one plant I wouldn't have otherwise. It's quite rewarding. I did buy the tomato plant though.


And just to finish, I have also been having a go at painting. I'm very much a beginner but really enjoy having a play. This little puffin was fun and I like the colours.

Well that's me today, if you want to join in with this lovely desk hop each week, pop over to see Julia at WOYWW headquarters and join up.

Enjoy your Wednesday, Happy Crafting and Take Care.

13 comments:

sandra de said...

Hello Lisa, I looooove your painting of the little puffin. The colours are beautiful and he has form (not the criminal kind) but shape and that can be hard to achieve. Well done. Love the veggies and seedlings all looking very fresh in your greenhouse. Word has got out to the insect kingdom that my cabbage and cauliflower seedlings were doing very nicely and a whole lot of white butterflies have been laying eggs, hatching grubs and eating away. Now I am moving into attack mode...... I forgot how much vigilance is required in keeping the seedlings from being attacked. Great collection of face coverings and your still working ... I don't know how you find the time to do so much. I'm currently on leave and I think I am sitting far too much and probably move productive when I was working. Anyway... lovely to have a quick chat. Stay safe and keep crafting.
Sandra de @9

glitterandglue said...

Morning Lisa. You busy bee, you! Well done - journaling, sewing, planting seeds... and now painting. That puffin is gorgeous. Just like the real thing I saw last year on the Farne Islands. What a tremendous privilege that was.
Take care of yourselves. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

OMG that puffin is FANTASTIC!! You have a hidden talent there Lisa - I could live with that on the wall, you must do more! Well done on sewing the facecovers, they are easy to whip up and give away and it's good to use up the fabric we have, much better than it languishing on the craft room shelves. I sowed old French and runner bean seeds and they all came up - it's funny, I'm a wizard with seeds but rubbish at taking cuttings....
Glad you're all keeping safe and well, but you're right the future is going to be tricky.
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Lisa, love the puffin painting, thats gorgeous. Well done on the mask making. Great job with the planting too, I've got some old flower seeds that I'm going to sow soon, same as you, every one that comes up is a bonus. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the puffin Lisa, you wouldn't think you were a beginner. Nice range of desks too. Hope the seeds germinate for you. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Christine said...

You are so right, we all have several desks... I hadn't thought of it that way. I have been making masks on my sewing desk, etc.
Hope your seeds are successful, I am not good at raising plants from seed, One would be excellent for me!!
Enjoy the sunshine
Christine #29

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Lisa, I have to first say your painting is fabulous there are no signs of being a beginner you obviously have hidden talents that you need to continue and share, fabulous little puffin. We always have to make the most of good weather in this country, no matter what keep us at home, your green house is certainly thriving. Thanks so much for sharing woyww, we all need a little chocolate for staying home & protecting each other hee hee!
Stay safe Tracey #6

Helen said...

wow, that puffin looks amazing! your garden will be a delight too. I think you're right about what is ahead... I am wantingt o get back to the office soon but bit wary about it too... will see what they say on Sunday! Take care, stay safe. Helen #1

Caro said...

What a lovely selection of desks and things on display. I just love your puffin - he is gorgeous! Happy WOYWW! Stay safe and take care, with love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Heather M said...

Hi Lisa, greetings from very sunny Lancashire. Love your desks - lots going on with both of them - the journal pages look great, I love the blue colour. I need to get cracking with some sewing but my 'other/sewing' desk is currently my work desk, so am struggling for space. Good luck with the seeds - I've ordered a potting shed so I can get to grips with being productive in the garden. Have a lovely week and stay safe and well, Heather xx #20

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Lisa - yes these weeks are flying by! Can hardly believe you are preparing for September admissions - does that mean you don't expect children to be back at all this year? I suppose we are technically almost halfway through the Summer term already - what a weird year this is!! I also find the gardening is calling which presents a dilemma because there is so much I want to get done in the craft room - bit you can't lose a sunny day, we never know when the next one will be here. I love your puffin by the way, you are very clever. Happy WOYWW, Stay safe, stay well, Cindy #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisa, pleased to see you keeping busy. I feel so sorry for the children for all kinds of reasons and I so hope that by September maybe things will have changed but I'm not so sure. Love the puffin he's gorgeous. Wishing you a rather late but happy woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x21x

Stacy Sheldon said...

hi Lisa, I did grin to see that you are making masks and being fortified with chocolates during the siege :) That is so nice of you to make them for your friends and family too! ~Stacy #27