Wednesday 10 January 2018

WOYWW 449

Happy Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday dear WOYWW deskers. That should cover everything I've missed since I last joined in with the gentle desk hop.

It's been a bit of a time here at The Craft Garden. Surfice to say Life through us a curve ball mid November, my general fit and healthy 81 year old Mum suddenly became seriously unwell and off to hospital she was taken. Pneumonia was diagnosed but after responding to treatment we then had to break her out of hospital nearly 3 weeks later. I thought they were short of beds!!!!! I won't moan but she was desperate to get home and really depressed at being kept in but tests that were scheduled kept being postponed even though she was medically fit to be discharged. So, she discharged herself and is now going to do the tests as an outpatient. She is recovering slowly, good days and bad days but is glad to be in her own home with her friends popping in and out and my sister and I keeping a very close eye on her
So....... I have a bit of a desk to share with you at long last.



I took this last night hence the poor light although it was so dark all day I don't think it would have made much difference! A bit of gentle scrapbooking to try and get the old mojo kick started again.
I'm just playing with sprays and inks and seeing what evolves.

The last time I was with you I was making some scrapbooks for Christmas presents, which did get finished. Here are the end results and some pictures on the insides. There are lots of tutorials on line for these if anyone is interested.





Well, that's me this week. If you want to share your desk with us, then pop over to WOYWW and see the lovely Julia.

Have a great Wednesday whatever you are up too and Happy Crafting!

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Lisa and Happy New Year. Glad your mum managed to escape hospital; I don't see what the problem is with doing tests as an outpatient if there's a good support system in place at home. I'm sure the recipients of those scrapbooks were delighted with them; they look amazing and I'm sure they appreciated your time and efforts. Sarah #12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I am glad that your mum is at home now, poor her, pneumonia is no fun. Being in her place is a much better way to recuperate - hospital is no place for the sick. Hugs to you too, it's hard to see you parent being so ill.
Those albums ar really lovely, clever you! Love the combo of colours and textures.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Lisa. Sorry your mum has been so unwell - pneumonias does take a long time to recover from, but it sounds like she is getting there. That book is lovely - well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Annie said...

So sorry to hear about your mum’s health problems. I really hope her recovery continues now she’s back home. Amazing to think there’s such a shortage of beds but that she still had to discharge herself. Fingers crossed.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your album looks lovely - I do like little pockets, which make the books interactive! It's good to hear that your mum is out of hospital - hopefully, she'll be as fit again as her 81 years allow. It must be very depressing to spend all that time in hospital. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #18

Helen said...

Sorry to hear about your poor Mum...hope she gets better soon. Your scrapbook album looks fantastic, well done! Helen #2

Kathleen said...

Great desk and the scrapbooking looking good.
Sorry to hear about your Mum but glad that she is back in her own home now and fingers crossed all will be well.
Hope you have had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I have been away for both celebrations, Hubby was 70 on Christmas Day so we went off to the Caribbean along with our Daughter, Hubby and Grandsons, While in some ways it didn't feel like Christmas but P&O gave everyone a present and the ship was well decorated and a lot of partying going off.
Best wishes for 2018.

Kath x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisa, nice to see you. I don't think it's actually that they are short of beds but a shortage of staff but at least she's home now. Hope you have a good creative week and happy woyww, Angela x13x

sandra de said...

Pleased to hear your mum is now home and slowly recovering. Lovely to see the beautiful books you have created, I am sure they were well received. Wishing you a wonderful 2018.
sandra de @33

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I hope your mum continues to recover well at home. I hate being in hospital and always get home as soon as possible - far better food and sleep (it is so noisy on a ward at night!). Makes me think about our future care (I am 'only' 46 and hubby is 50, but need to think about it now whilst we plan where to live, and how much to spend on a house in Spain), as I do worry about that. We have no children together, and both of hubby's children live some distance away (and would be of no assistance anyway!). We actually have more of a community around us in Spain, and healthcare seems to be a lot better there too. Ali x #7

buterfliecrafter said...

Those scrapbooks look gorgous and sumptious,hoe your mom makes a fullrecovery,happy belated WOYWW,vicky#15

Neet said...

Hospitals are hard places to fathom at times aren't they? Can understand her breaking out, I was once in for a week and nothing wrong with me but was moved to the wrong ward and a doctor for me never appeared. I guess she, like me, felt as if she was the forgotten patient Glad she is home now and things are in place for continued health watch.
You recover better in your own bed anyhow.
Lovely books you made, shame you did not get them finished but look at them as in readiness for next Christmas.
Hope the spraying and inking kick starts the mojo.
Take care of yourself along the way.
Hugs & thanks for visiting me - Neet 5 (I think) xx

Cara said...

I hope your Mum continues to make a good recovery. Loving those scrapbooks x