Wednesday 23 August 2017

WOYWW 429

Morning everyone from an extremely wet Yorkshire today . I don't think much of this summer weather to be honest with you!! I bet when the schools go back it'll be gorgeous again.

Well here is my desk this morning.


On the dining table as it's perfect to be able to pick up and put down when I have a minute or the weather is too rubbish to be able to go out. A bag of pick "n" mix have been helping the creative juices!

I'm in the middle of using up some scraps from a recent scrapbook session...waste not want not.
We'll see where it goes, I'm just playing really.

Hubby asked me for a "new home" card for a work colleague at the weekend and this is what I came up with. Ended up making a few as I'd made quite a large piece of the background so felt quite productive.


It's been awhile since I've managed to join in with you deskers, the summer holidays have been pretty busy, but in a good way.

We had a fabulous 2 weeks in Greece, beautiful scenery, people, weather and food and came back feeling totally refreshed and revived.

And last week we enjoyed a great day with family and friends at my Nephews wedding. My DD is looking all grown up in the bright pink on the right.



We are now waiting with baited breath for GCSE results tomorrow. I'm not sure whose more nervous!!  I remember mine all too clearly, it was not pretty, lol.

Well, if you want to join in with the wonderful desk hop that is WOYWW pop over to see Julia and link up.

I'm on my way to see what you've all been up to while I've been away so enjoy your Wednesday and Happy Crafting!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I love that card - and I want some pick&mix now! We are off to Spain at the beginning of October and I am so looking forward to some warm sunshine/food/wine. Ali x #25

glitterandglue said...

Morning Lisa. Sorry it's wet up there - it's actually dry and the sun has just made an appearance here on the North Wales coastline - which is great. Maybe find an ice cream on the prom later??!! Trust all goes well with the results tomorrow. My eldest grand daughter gets her results then, too. Plus a couple of the young folk from church. Either celebrations all round, or finding ways to commiserate!!
Love the card.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Lisa, we love Greece, the food is gorgeous, and the people are so lovely. Lovely wedding photo. Fingers crossed she gets the results she wants. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Annie said...

What a beautiful new home card Lisa. We are off to a Greek island later in the year to celebrate my big birthday....can't wait. A gorgeous photo of the wedding....looks like it was a lovely day. Good luck to your daughter for tomorrow.
Hugs,
Annie. X #9

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi, Lisa I bet the weather here seems miserable after Greece. I love using scraps on my cards and tags; that New Home card looks great. Sarah #18

May said...

Love the new home card very creative... Love the design... Your holiday looked amazing I know I don't know where our summer is hiding at the moment... they keep telling us we are heading for another heat-wave mind you they didn't say what year!! Have a happy week ahead... May #15

Cara said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous relaxing holiday before returning to the crafting grindstone! Your new home card is fabulous, I love the background scene you created. Hope all goes well with the exam results, I remember how stressful it was for me, so heaven knows what it's like as a Mum!

Helen said...

what a fabulous wedding photo! the holiday looks and sounds gorgeous too! I have a week off mid September, hoping we'll have some warmth (and dry) then.... we'll see! Helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, very good luck for tomorrow! But it is only a step to the next level tell DD. Let us know how she gets on. The weather has been lovely here for the past couple of days after an unsettled couple of weeks. It's good to be back in shorts again. I'm glad you had a good holiday in Greece, it's my fav Mediterranean country :-D
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Kathleen said...

Very interesting desk Lisa, I am sure something fabulous will come out of it.
Fabulous new home card, lovely image and a great background.
Lovely photo's too.
Yep it was stair-rods here this morning but quite a lovely afternoon.

Kath x

Heather M said...

Hello Lisa. The weather in Lancashire is just as bad! I loved The new home card. Is that a digital stamp, or an actual stamp? Very nice! Nice to meet you, and have a lovely week. Heather #6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my! your comment about the weather is so true. When we were teaching we would suffer the exams in boiling hot rooms and as soon as they were over and the school broke up for the summer it would rain! I did hear someone on the weather report who actually mentioned this and said that it is typical for this time of the year so obviously we didn't just imagine it. Hope the results turn out okay. Lovely photos by the way. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty woyww, Angela x12x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great new home card Lisa love it... and so,e pretty family shots too looks like a happy day, DD surely looked pretty down below I pray her GSC or wotwever it is, has great results.
Happy Woyww,
Shaz in Oz.x

Lindart said...

New rubber is always exciting! Glad you had a good time in Greece! You mentioned your cats are bringing in frogs - I haven't seen a frog around here ever! We have more of the furry & feather type creatures! Thanks for your earlier visit, have a great week, Lindart #33

BJ said...

Super "New Home" card, great that you made a few others too. Thanks for the visit BJ#21

Cheetarah said...

What a lovely card design! And oh my your DD on her wedding photo does look so radiant!! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Cheetarah WOYWW #34

Michelle said...

Seem to recognise that stamp Lisa,not a polkadoodles one is it? Great card! Glad you enjoyed your holiday, looking forward to a catch up.
x Michelle