Wednesday 27 January 2016

WOYWW 347

Morning dear WOYWW friends. I hope I find you well this Wednesday and if you live on the East coast of the USA, I hope you are slowly emerging from all that snow!!! Nothing like that here, just wind and rain!
I love the fact that Wednesdays are a little trip around the desk world so for my Australian Desk friends, Happy Australia Day for yesterday.

Right onto my desk today. I took this last night but it hasn't changed and isn't likely to today as it's my birthday so I may be busy eating cake.......



I've been asked to make a 50th birthday card and have nearly finished. I just need to find some number stamps to fit in with the design.

Last week I was in the middle of trying to come up with something for my craft ladies so thought I'd share what we did in the end. Thanks as always to Pinterest for inspiring me. They loved playing with the inks and stamps and creating their own backgrounds and every one was different. (Apologies for the poor photo)


Don't forget to share your desk with us by popping over to see the lovely Julia, HERE.

Well, that's me today. Enjoy what ever you are up to today and Happy Crafting!!

14 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there, Lisa, great desky share, like Ve the start of the teacup card, it's a growing creation. I don't know if you have a set idea or plan, but I often just start with a leaping off point and let the card take me where it will. But sometimes if on time schedule will have a sketches and lists. Great Pinterest creation too. Happy WOYWW, nice to be back in Deskland :D
Shaz in Oz.x #15

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Birthday, Lovely gal!! Hope you have a wonderful day with lots of cake :-) You YOUNG whippersnapper you :-)
Gorgeous card, love the purple a lot and you can't go wrong with a butterfly, eh?!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Bridget Larsen said...

That purple card is absolutely stunning
Bridget #1

sandra de said...

Hi Lisa, your card/s are always beautiful and I can imagine your craft group had a wonderful inky time. Australia day was quiet in our household but we always have a BBQ and finish the day with pavlova at my daughter's insistence. Lots of time spent finishing the blossom painting. Pinterest is always inspiring and I have spent much time admiring other peoples work. Have a lovely week and hope your weather is better.
sandra de @14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOvely shimmer in your card! The purple and gold go so well together! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #38

Lisca said...

What a beautiful card! Well done you! Do you do workshops? Or have you got friends round? I bet you have a lot of fun.
Thanks for visiting earlier and your sweet comment,
Have a good week,
Lisca

CraftygasheadZo said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day. That card looks fab. Take care Zo xx 44

voodoo vixen said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you get cake... chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and lots of sprinkles on top! Love the butterfly card, it is gorgeous and I want a close up of the finished teapot one on your desk too! Happy Wednesday to you! Annette #31

Julia Dunnit said...

oh its a good day for woyww then, happiest of birthdays. Its only appropriate that you should have a tea pot and such on your desk! It's the new Sheena isn't it? I really like it. Lovely card for ypur ladies. I love how the same thing comes out so different!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Eat lots of cake!

I like the teapot/teacup cut-outs I see on your desk. Can't wait to see the finished card.

Sharon K #49

Barb said...

Hi Lisa, Happy Birthday and hope you've had a great day. Your desk looks nice and tidy. I like the look of the teapot card. Your butterfly card is gorgeous. I'm sure your class really enjoyed making such a beauty. Barbx #54

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Pinterest is such a good source of inspiration. Problem is my lack of talent and time to get most of them done! Happy Birthday also. Enjoy your cake. Ali x #37

Kathleen said...

Great desk and glad that you are as cluttered as me. Really lovely card, it really shines.
Hope all is well with you.

Kath x

Scrapthology said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday and got everything you wished for. The art work is beautiful too.