Tuesday 15 April 2014

Are You Enjoying India?

Evening lovely Bloggers. Hasn't it been a beautiful day again? This weather is just perfect. We've been out and about making the most of the school holidays. I hope it lasts until the Bank Holiday weekend.

Have you managed to catch any of Sheena's Indian shows on C&C? She has been doing some brilliant techniques which I'm itching to try out.

It's her last day tomorrow so I thought I'd share a couple of my projects that she's had on the display. It's always such a buzz to see them there, especially when the samples from the rest of the team are absolutely stunning.

This hanger started out as a card but just grew too big to fit anything I had so developed into a hanger as it went along.

 
The background is a gloss gel medium resist with h20's painted on top. The Elephants are painted with H20's too. The background is one of the A4 embossing folders with gilding wax applied.

My canvas was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest which used these gorgeous colour tones.


I started by blending the acrylic paints onto the base of the canvas and then stamped the arches onto tissue and coloured them with promarkers very lightly before sticking them to the canvas with a matt medium. I painted over with more of the base colours to blend in the tissue and pick out more detail. I then stamped lots of the other images in the same way and just built up the design. Some of the flowers are painted with Luminarte silks. I picked out some detail with white acyclic paint and then added the gold embossing and the trailing vines and flowers. It was a case of knowing when to stop. I'm still not sure whether I went one step too far. I may well have another crack at something similar and try and make it a bit simpler.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you have been leaving, I really appreciate them.

Happy Crafting.

8 comments:

Beryl said...

I've been admiring that canvas on every show - it's gorgeous Lisa. I've got all the programmes recorded for inspiration. I'm out all day tomorrow but hopefully will have a nice quiet evening to catch up on the last few shows. I ordered the tiger stamp (and a few other bits.lol)and I'll probably end up getting the lot bit by bit.I'm so impressed with all the Inkoids samples - you are such a talented bunch.
Beryl xx

Fiona C said...

Absolute showstoppers - both of them xx

Crafting Queen said...

Two stunning creations,love the colours.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa, I've been meaning to visit and tell you how much I admired your samples on Sheena's shows. The are all stunning. We've been having superb weather here, that is until today, so I've been spending much of my time in the garden, but I did record all the shows and now that the weather has changed I've been able to catch up. I'm thinking you will be having a bit of a rest now that it's all over, and maybe even getting out into your garden too if its fair enough. Enjoy it if you are. Elizabeth xx

sandra de said...

The canvas is so beautiful, I love all the details you have added.
Sandra

sandra de said...

Hi Lisa
thanks for stopping by and saying hello to me and the fruit! Woyww 5 is coming up soon would love to send you an atc for the anniversary email me your addie and I will pop it in the post.
sandra

JoZart Designs said...

These are superb Lisa! wonderful colour palette and perfect for the theme too.
Just come back from a super trip to Germany and looking forward now to Dolores (Cardarian) visiting me next weekend, from Slovenia.
Still time if you 'd like to make a guess for last week's blog candy.
love Jo x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving all these samples Lisa, so just had to join your followers.
"I'll be back", Angela x