Friday 30 August 2013

In A Bit Of A Tangle

Afternoon folks. I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this lovely long summer we are having. It's another beautiful day here in Yorkshire and I'm just heading outside into the garden again. Lets hope it continues for a while yet, although while the sun shines, little crafting gets done in The Craft Garden until it gets dark.

I've been having a play with Zentangling this week which is definitely something new for me and this is the result.


I used Sheena's Daffodil stamps from the Floral range as they are nice and big and kept the tangles fairly simple being a complete beginner. It's taken me absolutely ages, nearly three nights in total but I'm quite pleased with the results. I'm not sure I've got the patience to do it on a regular basis but I've enjoyed doing something completely outside my comfort zone for once.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend whatever you are up too.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Lisa, love your zen tangling, it's gorgeous!

Have a good weekend

Jill x

Hettie said...

Fabulous zentangling Lisa. I am impressed with this.
Hugs
xx

Beryl said...

You've done a brilliant job with the zentangling and these stamps Lisa. My word - you have a lot of patience. The most I've managed so far is a few cubes - but then most of my time this last few weeks has been taken up re-vamping the decking. Almost finished now so hopefully will get to play in my craft room some time this week.
Beryl x

sandra de said...

Wow, Lisa that is brilliant and I am sure I could never apply myself with that amount of patience. The result in incredible. Hope you are going to frame it... far to special to give away. Your holiday pics look beautiful.
Sandra

Darnell said...

Brilliant job, Lisa! I would have thought you'd been zentangling for ages!! You have a natural knack for it!

JoZart Designs said...

The results of all that time are simply exquisite. I find it quite therapeutic to do when travelling or in other "waste" time. Take a scan of it and reproduce it... A print would make a suer quick card and save all that work.
Jo x

Eileen said...

Hi Lisa.. I've popped over to say thanks for the lovely comment on my blog from you and find this little beauty .... truly lovely work ! Eileen xxx

G Peplow said...

Wow Fabulous work Lisa, I love your dedication, the background is so even and the contrasting trumpets make it very special, well done :D Gay x

Kay Carley said...

This looks fab Lisa - I can well understand the 'patience' thing as I don't think that I'd have the patience for this sort of thing either - the effect was worth your three nights though :) xx