Thursday 22 November 2012

Long Time No See

Afternoon lovely crafting friends. Did you wonder where I'd got too?

What a hectic few weeks!! My MIL recently got the keys to her new downstairs flat. She lived on the third floor with no lift and was increasingly finding the stairs difficult. Anyway, to cut a very long story short. We got this very distressed phone call two Fridays ago saying she'd been taken to see the vacant flat and given the keys and it was awful, no carpets, bare plaster walls etc etc and she only had a week to move in and didn't want it anymore!!! So DH and I and my SIL and her Hubby spent the following week with paint brush in hand and then scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom from top to bottom to make it habitable. Carpets went down in record time and last Saturday we moved her lock stock and barrel and by tea time she was unpacked and settled and declared herself very happy with her new palace. Amazing what a bit of hard work can achieve.

This week I've hosted my very own card class which was a real buzz. I loved it. I had a group of 7 complete craft novices and 3 hours later they had really blossomed. Roll on next month.

So, very little crafting has actually gone on in The Craft Garden. I have found time though to do some samples  with some beautiful new Sheena Douglass stamps that are being launched on 27th November on Create and Craft. Unfortunately, Sheena is still not well enough to travel far so her good friend Leann Chivers from Crafters Companion is going to do the launch along with some beautiful new Pebeo Fantasy paints that are well worth having a look at.

I didn't play with the paints as I knew my time was going to be limited but thoroughly enjoyed using the stamps with all the usual mediums. Here are a couple to give you an idea.


This first one is painted with H20's


And this is just coloured with Promarkers.

I hope you like them. I'll pop back tomorrow with a few more.

I'm sorry I haven't managed to visit anyone for such a long time and will try and catch up over the next few days. I've missed seeing what you've all been up too.

Thanks for stopping by and stay safe and warm in this wild weather.

12 comments:

Fiona C said...

Love what you've done with these Lisa - I'm sure these new stamps from Sheena are going to be another hit xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two beautiful cards Lisa - love the vibrant colours on the first one.
So pleased you enjoyed your first class - it's a great feeling to pass on your skills to others isn't it.
See you soon - hugs, Sylvia xx

brenda said...

Beautiful artwork Lisa, no worries about visiting we all have times when life gets in the way.

B x

Artyjen said...

It is great she loves her palace now ;) It's been blowing a hooley here :)
xoxo Sioux

Lynne K said...

Hi Lisa,

Glad to hear you got your MIL sorted, what a busy time you've had! But well worth the effort, I should think.

Your cards are really beautiful! I love the colours in the first one, and the snowdrops are simply gorgeous. Might have to put them on my Christmas list.

Hope you manage to get a relaxing weekend! Hugs, Lynne xx

Annie said...

Gosh Lisa you have been busy. Well done to you all for getting that flat ready in such a quick time. Love your latest card makes.
Hugs,
A x

Sally H said...

Beautiful creations, Lisa. I adore snowdrops, and those are so lovely. I am pleased your mum in law is okay and happy in her new flat. Sounds like a very tiring week, but worth it in the end. looking forward to hearing about your next card class too.

Beryl said...

Good to see you posting again Lisa - and with a couple of gorgeous cards. The ladies at your craft class will soon realize how lucky they are to have you as a teacher.
Glad your MIL s sorted - but what a stressful and busy few weeks you've had. Time for a little 'me time' for you now methinks.
Beryl xx

Eileen said...

Well .. you have been busy! ... love your take on Sheena's designs. I also agree with Fiona they will be very popular ... I know what you mean about the card classes, Lisa ... it gives me a real high to pass on my skills as others passed them on to me ! xx

JoZart Designs said...

So spooky that I HAD missed you and was just abut to leave a comment when up you popped in my comment box. It must be those angels working their wonders!
What a wonderful job you did for MIL and i'm so happy for her to get settled in a fresh new place which suits her well.
Glad you are back in blogland and look forward to more lovely cards. Off to Germany on Weds next... woo hoo, cuddles and Christmas Markets!
Jo x

Hettie said...

Nice to see you back Honey and Good Luck to your MIL in her new home. It must be a great relief to you knowing she does not have to struggle with stairs now.
As for your cards....Wow! I would kill for the Snowdrop stamp. I adore snowdrops and have not seen many stamps about other than a few discontinued ones!
Hugs
xx

craftimamma said...

Wow, you have been busy Lisa. I bet you all breathed a sigh of relief when you had MIL happily ensconced in her new flat. I love the snowdrop card/stamp too but both your cards are lovely. I don't know how you managed to find time with all the decorating etc. Well done.

Hugs
Lesley Xx